CWC West Valley at a Glance
CWC West Valley’s charter elementary school will embark on its first school year in 2020-21, starting off with students in grades TK – 1st grade!
Over the next few years, we will expand the elementary school to include 2nd – 5th grades, and eventually add a separate campus for middle school for 6th – 8th grades.
We are so excited to learn and grow together with this community!
- Free public charter school located in the San Fernando Valley
- Small class sizes across grade levels
- One teacher and one teaching assistant for the full instructional day
- Rigorous student-centered academic program
- Enrichment activities: Art, Music, and Physical Education
- Interactive and challenging classrooms with a focus on social and emotional health and wellness for children and adults
- A vibrant school community that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Free & reduced cost lunch for qualifying students (meal program available during distance learning)
- After-school programming that can include “Mindful Moments”, student clubs, and peer to peer homework groups with guided support
- Open to all students in California (apply without obligation, no permit required)
A typical day in the life of a student may include…
Math Mini-Lesson & Small Groups
Break (for Snack and Play!)
Small Group Reading / Independent Reading
Social Emotional Learning
Inquiry Projects or Read Aloud